Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A day of firsts

Our dog, Brady, was in desperate need of a haircut so Grady spotted a place on his route to work that looked nice.  He called and set up an appointment, thinking he could drop Brady off on his way to work.  But of all days - today- Grady had to be in court early and wouldn't be able to drop him off. . . .leaving us with two options. Cancel/reschedule or I could do it.  Yeah! I CAN do it.  I need to learn to be more independent with the boys so after they woke up- we all got dressed and loaded into the car.  Griff, Jack, Brady, myself and oops half way down the drive way, I had to turn around to get Brady's shot records.  No problem- everyone was fine when I got back in the car.  Two minutes down the road- Jack starts crying-he hates the car now.  Get to the groomers, open the back of van and all four doors.  I'm sure the groomer thought he was about to be invaded.  Get out the double stroller, load boys in double stroller, get Brady out of the front seat, head for the door.  Stairs! Crap! Aren't all businesses supposed to be handicap accessible these days! I consider myself handicapped these days, btw. About 50 yards down at the end of the row of businesses is the ramp- GREAT! After being in the groomers for oh about 3 minutes- we all head back down the ramp to the van. Load up! And off we go.  Everyone seems to be in a pretty good mood so I decided to stop by Publix.  I love Publix! Every week they have BUY ONE GET ONE FREE specials.  I started attending MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at a local church and next week I signed up to bring a juice.  Something simple that requires minimal time.  I needed to pick up some of the ingredients to make this awesome Apple Juice that I had once before.

 Someone gave us a single stroller and since Griff was asleep - I put him in the stroller and strapped Jack to my chest in the infant carrier.  Success! Got to the door and realized that I couldn't push a buggy and a stroller- so I put my few items in the bottom of the stroller.  They had pork loin on sale- got two of those. Some BOGO meatballs, and some sushi that this lady makes everyday for my lunch. Worried the whole time that someone would approach me for shoplifting, I hurried around the store.  Jack loved looking at all the colors and shapes around him.  I'm sure he enjoyed the nice music too!  I checked out with ease and this super nice 17ish looking kid helped me with my bags and even put Griff in the car.  He obliviously has younger siblings because he knew exactly what to do.  Got home, unloaded the boys and since they were both fussy- immediately started warming their bottles.  It was a great morning overall and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment for my small feats!! Epic Success!!!

Forgetting all my meat in the back of the car until 2 that afternoon---EPIC FAILURE!!!

We are looking forward to tomorrow when my brother and Tessia, along with Madison and Reece, will welcome baby Price into the world.  We are all very excited to meet him!!  Praying for a safe delivery for Tessia and baby and also for the transitions that are about to take place for Madison and Reece.  Both of them are great with Griff and Jack so I am sure they will be wonderful big brothers and sisters.

I get complaints when I publish a post with no pictures of those boys, so here you go mom!

Griff loves playing with his toes now!

Jack is working on sitting up- we have a ways to go but he hates to be put in the Nap Nanny- he constantly does crunches to try to sit up.

No comments: